From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Michael Schmalle
Sent: 19 June 2006 16:30

To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] how to assign itemRenderer w/ActionScript

>itemRenderers are sometimes styles and sometimes not.  And when they are styles, they're not really.

:)

That makes sense to a programmer... hehe

Peace, Mike

Actually I am glad this was brought up, something to figure out.

On 6/19/06, Pan Troglodytes <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

Okay, let me correct my statement:

itemRenderers are sometimes styles and sometimes not.  And when they are styles, they're not really.

;)

On 6/19/06, Michael Schmalle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

Don't get them confused;

> itemRenderers ARE styles

Theoretically it is a property not a style. You may be able to set them with setStyle() but, they are not styles of the ListBase.

Anytime you see this in a class file;

itemRenderer = new ClassFactory(ListItemRenderer);

Which is in the Constructor of List, it is a property.

and when you see this in a class

    public function get itemRenderer():IFactory
    {

    /**
     *  @private
     */
    public function set itemRenderer(value:IFactory):void
    {

It is a property of that class not a style.

BTW, itemRenderer is not in either of the nonInheritingStyles or inheritingStyles proto chain. So I really don't know how that is even working.

It may just be a fluke because itemRenderer is a public property already defined on the ListBase.

Just to clear some things up :)

Peace, Mike