>From the documents when using removeChild the removed display item is
added to the garbage collection for later removal. However I'm
reusing component instances and creating new instance of the same (a
sort of tabbed interface where children are created and removed at
will.

The listeners for the child component are removed and other objects
set to null, but; it does not seem to be collected.

Should one have to remove all objects created through the chain or
just on the child being removed?

I.e. if I instantiate a class called toto through a component called
texavery and toto creates an instance of titi do I have to unload all
objects created by or in the children following the entire chain

texavery >> toto >> titi

where each one unloads it's owned/created objects?
Or is this cleaned up from the child object on down?

Is there a way to force the garbage collection clean up, or destroy
an object completely?

I did wait to see if it unloaded 25mins and still no change in the
process memory usage. However I'm only at this time unloading objects
created by the child component and not it's children's objects.

So unload the entire chain or just the first ?
Is removeChild working properly ?

How is this supposed to work, and are there any best practices in
regards to this?

Thanks,

Jason

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM