The docs recommend that, for print jobs, you create a seperate
custom component that contans the DataGrid in it's full size (no
scroll bars). The print DataGrid is bound to the same dataProvider
as the view DataGrid.

Right. Use mx.printing.PrintDataGrid in that separate component and you would also need to do write some code to add header/footer/content...

Check out Flex 2.0 help in Flexbuilder 2.0.

Flex 2.0 Developer's Guide > Flex Programming Topics > Printing > Printing multipage output

-abdul

On 6/21/06, Tim Hoff < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  The docs recommend that, for print jobs, you create a seperate
>  custom component that contans the DataGrid in it's full size (no
>  scroll bars).  The print DataGrid is bound to the same dataProvider
>  as the view DataGrid.
>
>  -TH
>
>  --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "djbrown_rotonews"
>
>  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  >
>  > I've got a large DataGrid that the user needs to scroll
>  (vertically)
>  > through to view completely. When I go to print this, I only get
>  the
>  > portion that is currently displayed to print out (I'm using the
>  > dataGrid itself as the UI component to print, so that's not the
>  > issue). Any ideas?
>  >
>  > Here's the relevant snippets:
>  >
>  >
>  > public function printGrid(e:Event):void {
>  > import mx.printing.FlexPrintJob ;
>  > var myPrintJob:FlexPrintJob = new FlexPrintJob();
>  > myPrintJob.start();
>  > myPrintJob.addObject(dgBags, FlexPrintJobScaleType.SHOW_ALL);
>  > myPrintJob.send();
>  > }
>  >
>  > <mx:DataGrid id="dgBags" x="10" y="75" width="95%" height="90%"
>  > dataProvider="{bags_xml}">
>  >