I can recommend Head First Design Patterns (by Elisabeth Freeman, Eric Freeman, Bert Bates, and Kathy Sierra) - the same thing, simple examples for java, but it can be used for actionscript with no problem. Book is using very interesting approach (lots of images for better remembrance ...)
br, Milan