I tried that, and it just didn't work. Returned completely wrong numbers! I tried stepping through it, but didn't really understand all the magic numbers (like subtracing 1 from the month if one date is lower than the other).

I got it working with the code I posted, it's just annoying that we have to implement something so trivial (so there'll be tons of different buggy implementations doing the rounds soon!)

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Douglas Knudsen
Sent: 26 June 2006 19:56
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Difference between two dates

http://jeff.mxdj.com/datediff_for_actionscript.htm

perhaps this would be helpful.

DK

On 6/26/06, Kelly Birr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
If you do not wish to change the Date class so it will conform to a (terrible) standard, I can sort of understand that.

Would you please consider the possibility of adding a DateTime or Date2 class in Flex 2.1 that works like a primitive type.  Or better yet, make the new class be Date and the standards-compliant one called EcmaDate or EDate or CDate or something like that. :)

- Kelly