Thanks Matt.

I probably should have been more specific - my needs are IE-only so that's why I asked about SetVariable/GetVariable. I thought they worked in Netscape/Mozilla as well, but I could be wrong.

The FABridge looks really good. I'm thinking that's the way to go. Seems like a lot of code implemented to replace SetVariable and GetVariable, though.

One more: am I responsible to encode/escape the data or will FABridge/ExternalInterface handle that? The ExternalInterface call bundles everything up as XML, correct? Does the data need to be escaped if I were to use invalid XML characters?

--

Derek Vadneau