I agree that the line between web site and web app is quite fuzzy,
and that the general statement "Don't use Flex to build web sites"
should not be deemed an absolute rule.

What I don't agree with is that the subject matter of one's site
justifies using Flex... "regardless of the required features of the
site".  I might agree that this situation makes using Flex a bit
easier to justify.  However, I also think you should use the best
tool for the job, and the feature requirements should always be a
big part of that decision.  From my perspective, the subject matter
of a site should have little or no impact on what technology is used
to build it, especially compared to the impact feature requirements
should have.  If you want to illustrate your skill in Flex, you can
link to work you have done, or build a demo of something where Flex
makes sense in terms of meeting the requirements.

-Steve

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer Larkin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On 6/24/06, Jignesh M. Dodiya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Read somewhere that flex should be used for web application and
> > shouldn't be used for building a website
> >
> > I am not agree with this. How many agreeeeeee?????
>
> There are a couple of assumption problems with the question. First,
> how do you draw the line between a "website" and a "web
application?"
> Technically, webapps ARE websites, but not all websites are
webapps.
> Who's to say that a blog is a website and not a webapp or vice
veras?
> There are a wide range of potential website features. If someone
can
> show me a hard line between an "web application" and a "web-based
> dynamically-driven non-application", I'd be interested to see it.
>
> It also depends on the subject matter of the site. If your personal
> site is all about what a fabulous a Flex developer you are, should
you
> avoid using Flex in the site because it's not a "web application?"
No,
> that would be ridiculous. Everyone would assume that if you are a
Flex

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM