Hello all,
I have the same problem without Cairngorm. I'm trying to bind a Class
property to a Label as well...

extending the Class as an ObjectProxy or not doesn't make a difference. I've
also tried moving [Binding] above public var fullname to no avail.

Can anyone offer a suggestion?

Thanks,
Derek

MY MXML

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"; layout="absolute"
creationComplete="init()">
        <mx:Script>
                <![CDATA[
            import com.landlorder.data.Client
            var currClient:Client;

                        public function init():void{
                                currClient=new Client(new
                                var name:String = currClient.Showname();
                                tester.text="show "+name
                        }
                ]]>
        </mx:Script>
//This is the line that gives me trouble. I get an alert that "Data Binding
will not be able to detect assignments to 'currClient'"  When compiled, this
label is blank.
        <mx:Label id="userName" text="{currClient.fullname}" x="10" y="10"/>
//This label shows "show Joe Smith" as expected.
        <mx:Label id="tester" text="foo" x="10" y="36"/>
</mx:Application>

MY CLASS(Client);

package
        import mx.utils.ObjectProxy;