I assume you mean set the resultFormat in the <operation>. I have set
that as well as makeObjectsBindable="false" in the <webservice> and
<operation> but I still comes back as an array of complex strings. If
I look at the last result in the debugger it looks like this.

item=Array(@12345)
        [0]=mx.rpc.xml.ComplexString(@23423)
        [1]=mx.rpc.xml.ComplexString(@745545)

I am expecting something like
item=Object(@12345)
        [0]=category(@23423)
        [1]=categoryid(@745545)

Then I will be able to reference it by lastResult.items.item.category
instead of lastResult.items.item[0].

Any ideas on why I am getting complex strings? Is this something to do
with how my wsdl is structured?

Thanks
--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly Birr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you set makeObjectsBindable="false" and resultFormat="object" in the
> webservice tag you should get arrays of objects.
>
> <mx:WebService id="ws" resultFormat="object"
makeObjectsBindale="false" />

> - Kelly

resultFormat="object" if the

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM