Sure, here is a simple call to Amazon's ItemSearch method. I emailed
you my access key b/c I am a little hesitant to post it out here.

<mx:WebService id="ws" makeObjectsBindable="false"

wsdl="http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/AWSECommerceService.wsdl";
                useProxy="false" showBusyCursor="true"
                result="onResult(event)" fault="onFault(event)">
        <mx:operation name="ItemSearch" resultFormat="e4x">
                <mx:request xmlns="">
                        <ItemSearch>
                                <Service>
                                        AWSECommerceService