I suggest just adding a click event on you image object in which the event handler uses the navigateToURL() method. You can find out how to use navigateToURL here:
http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flex/2/docs/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=LiveDocs_Parts&file=00001010.html

You might also change the cursor to a hand on mouseover. I blogged this a while back. http://www.robrusher.com/1/2006/01/Using-useHandCursor-in-Flex.cfm

HTH