Hi Angus
I have an example of loading a swf in Flex 2 with code on my site.

http://www.bridel.org/

Let me know if it helps...

Hilary

--

On 7/6/06, Angus Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I have a canvas called parentView into which I add SWF child objects via...

parentView.addChild(mySWF);
mySWF.load();

No problems loading. When I want to change the contents of parentView and swap out the loaded SWF I run...

parentView.removeAllChildren();
// get new mySWF
parentView.addChild(mySWF);
mySWF.load();

Now I have noticed that the previous SWF's don't seem to unload. I have an example that runs a sound clip and I can still hear that playing even if I have replaced mySWF content in the parent several times. I also noticed that flash memory usage continues to increase with each load so something is wrong. Debug correctly shows only one child loaded.

SWFLoader class does't have an unload() method. removeAllChildren() should work right?

Cheers
Angus

--
Hilary