I haven't gotten any answers yet.  I'm hoping someone has the answers.. :)

On 7/7/06, Michael BADEN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have the same problem.
Any solution ?

2006/7/5, Beverly Guillermo <[EMAIL PROTECTED] >:

Hello everyone,

I have been really trying to find to work out this problem and even tried searching for the answer through the flexcoder archives and through Google/Ask but have not yet found any resolution.

Here's the error that I've been getting in the debugger:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
 at flexunit.flexui::TestRunnerBase/startTest()
 at ExampleTestRunner/::onCreationComplete()
 at ExampleTestRunner/___Application1_creationComplete()
 at flash.events::EventDispatcher/flash.events:EventDispatcher::dispatchEventFunction()
 at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
 at mx.core::UIComponent/set initialized()
 at mx.managers::LayoutManager/::doPhasedInstantiation ()
 at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()
 at mx.core::UIComponent/::callLaterDispatcher2()
 at mx.core::UIComponent/::callLaterDispatcher ()

Currently, I am using a mac for development, so all my tools are via the terminal command line and I use the flex2_sdk from Adobe's site and flexunit.zip from Adobe Labs' site.  I've used the example that Darron Schall wrote up for use with FlexBuilder2 but tweaked it to compile via mxmlc.  Please see the attached zipfile for specifics on the example code and my ant build parameters.

Thanks,
Beverly