From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of ben.clinkinbeard
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 12:05 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Does Flex 2 support dynamic WSDL locations?

Hello, I am trying to port our AS2 app to Flex 2 and am having a problem
with dynamic WSDL locations. I found a couple of threads stating that this
is not possible in 1.5.

My app loads a config.xml file at startup which contains the WSDL paths for
use in the rest of the app. The config file is dynamically generated to
accomodate whichever environment the app has been deployed to. If this is
not possible it could be a complete deal breaker for moving the app to Flex.
Is this possible in Flex 2? If so, how do you do it? Here is my code:

// my WebService tag
<mx:WebService id="industryAndSizeIdsService" makeObjectsBindable="false"

wsdl="{TestModel.getInstance()[EMAIL PROTECTED]
+ '?WSDL'}"
        useProxy="false" showBusyCursor="true">

        <mx:operation name="GetDataByGrouping" resultFormat="e4x">
        <mx:request xmlns="http://site.com/BackOffice/ClientMeasures";>
                <groupingRequests>
                          <GroupName>RPRToolStaticData</GroupName>
                      </groupingRequests>
        </mx:request>
    </mx:operation>
</mx:WebService>

I know the variable that wsdl is bound to exists because I can display it in
a text field without a problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ben

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM