Sent: Monday, July 10, 2006 10:59 AM
Subject: [flexcoders] Accessing a datagrid inside a different viewstate

I have a custom component that I created and I have added it to the main application.  There is a datagrid inside the custom component.  I call the data in the main app, place it in a public ArrayCollection and want the datagrid to display the data.  My problem is that the datagrid is in a different viewstate other than the default view and so I get a null reference error when I try to populate the datagrid from the main app.  Is there a way to force the component to create itself with the main app even though it is in a different viewstate?  Thank you