I have an area chart.  As the user mouses around over it, I'd like a
hirzontal and vertical "crosshair" (one horiz, one vert gridline, sort
of) to track the mouse pointer.

I see the annotationelements, and am already using it for my
gridlines.  I'm wondering if anyone has ideas of how to implement the
crosshair?

I'm guessing a canvas that I can use the drawing API on to draw the
lines as the mouseMoves.  But how to tie the position of the mouse
over  JUST the chart area showing the actual data (not over the axes
labels, etc) to the X and Y to draw the lines?  And how to get it to
work in the annotationElements array?

I'm assuming I need to make whatever I create a ChartElement, but I
haven't ever actually cracked open the existing objects and tried to
tie into them at such a low level.

If anyone has any thoughts or guidance, even just for general ways to
get into the source code and create a new class from them, I'd
appreciate it.

Thanks!

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM