I wish TextArea had a property that would set it to scroll to the bottom on adding text.  In the absence of such, I'm struggling to make it do that.  I have a log function that looks like this:

  private function log(s:Object):void {
    debug.text += "\n" + s.toString();
    debug.verticalScrollPosition = debug.maxVerticalScrollPosition;
  }

Unfortunately, it seems that the max position isn't updated yet at this point.  I've tried hooking into change/dataChange and other events without luck.  It's always scrolled ALMOST to the bottom.

What's the best way to solve this?

--