From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of simon_janssens
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 2:11 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] associative arrays and dataproviders

Hi,

I was wondering how you access an array inside a dataprovider?

I have a datagrid with a dataprovider of clients, inside that is an
array of address details. Can anyone tell me how I can bind the items in
the address array to columns of the datagrid?

clients
-id
-name
-address
-- address1
-- address2
-email

<mx:DataGrid id="clientDisplay" dataProvider="{clients}" left="10"
top="10" right="10" height="193">
<mx:columns>
<mx:DataGridColumn headerText="ID" dataField="id"
editable="false"/>
<mx:DataGridColumn headerText="name" dataField="name"/>

<!-- how do I bind address.address1 and
address.address2? -->
<mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Address1"
dataField="address.address1"/>
<mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Address2"
dataField="address[address2]"/>
<mx:DataGridColumn headerText="email"
dataField="email"/>
</mx:columns>