Hi,

Let's say I have many view-s that need to display the same data
retrieved from the server ( it doesn't metter how, XML, Remoting,
WebService, etc.).
Using Cairngorm. When the proper command is executing (one that changes
the application state to show one of the above views), it needs to load
the data from the server, so it makes the proper requests. Meanwhile,
let's say another command is starting to execute, and this new command
has to load the same data, but it wouldn't be good to load  the data
again, would it?.
What is the best practice here?
One solution I can think of:  in my Model, I could have an additional
property for all my data that are loaded from a server, that indicates
the status of that data (undefined, loading, loaded, etc.). So, when it
is "loading", the commands won't load the data again. But this rises
another problem. How will Command2 know when the data is loaded, when
Commad1 started to load the data.

Do you have a better solution?

Andi

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM