From: "Tom Fitzpatrick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 9:53 AM
Subject: [flexcoders] Font mysteries

Fonts are exhibiting some wacky behavior for me.

I have a VBox that contains two simple label elements. I'm trying to add
a filter to the VBox and have the fonts in the labels display properly.

Before the filter is applied, the Label fonts display fine.

When I add a glow filter to the VBox, the antialiasing on the Label
fonts disappears.

Strangely, when the Label text is long enough to force a scrollbar on
the VBox, the Label fonts are suddenly antialiased correctly.

Embedding the font (I'm using Verdana) and applying it using a stylename
does apply some antialiasing in the VBox with the filter, but it doesn't
look nearly as good as the unstyled text in the filtered VBox with
forced scrollbars or the VBox with no filter.

I haven't tried FlashType fonts - that's next on my list - but I thought
maybe someone could explain what's going on here or point me to a solution.

- Tom