Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 12:22 PM
Subject: [flexcoders] Datagrid/Webservices - best practice??

Hello All,

If I have a web service operation that populates a datagrid and an operation in the same web service that inserts a record, what would be the best way to then get the initial web service to refresh the data grid when an insert has occurred and an identity result has been successfully sent back?? I know there are a lot of ways to handle data in Flex, but I am unclear on what the best methods are for keeping the data fresh on the client… any tips would be appreciated!! (If you haven’t guessed, I’m new to Flex)

Thanks! -Ken