I'm trying to figure out how to do an equivalent MXML binding in AS using BindingUtils.  It's part of a datagrid item renderer.  There MXML looks like this:

  <mx:Label id="lbl" text="{listData.label}"/>

While that does warn about listData.label not being bindable, it does work (at least for the initial load).  Here's what I'm trying to do to do this in AS for another component that is written in AS:

      lbl = new Label();
      BindingUtils.bindProperty(lbl, "text", lbl, ["listData", "label"]);

This doesn't work.  I can think of several ways I can do this by overriding different functions, but I'm wondering why this binding doesn't work like it does in MXML.

--