Tom,
You need to give yourself an hourly rate and then ask yourself how much
money the IDE will save you. The effort involved in not using the IDE
could end up costing you more in the long run.

I do think the charting is just a nice to have, and people will release
their own cheap/free charting components so you can save yourself even
more money by not going for that option.

2 years from now when somebody releases flexClipse (tm) free IDE then
this may be a different conversation.:)