We had issues in the past with doc/literal if the return object was or
contained a ComplexType.

My guess is though, that the response isnt XML at all, but maybe HTML.
 Say some kind of error page, or FORM based login or....

That's why I am curious to see the raw response.

--
Dave Wolf
Cynergy Systems, Inc.

Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Office: 866-CYNERGY

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Franck de Bruijn"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I checked the WSDL with SOAPUI and the WSDL looks fine.
>

> I do see however that the WSDL is of the type doc/literal. I have
had some
> serious issues with that connecting with Flex to such a web service
> back-end. I have not verified if the final release of Flex 2 has
resolved
> all these issues. I never encountered issues like Charles described,
so this
> statement probably does not apply.
>

> With respect to 'running the files locally' the following: if you
are using
> the WSDL that you pointed out to us, it contains the following section:
>

>    <wsdl:service name="ReportService">
>
>       <wsdl:port binding="api:ReportServiceSoapBinding"
> name="ReportService">
>
>          <wsdlsoap:address
> location="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/v4/ReportService"/>
>
>       </wsdl:port>
>
>    </wsdl:service>
>
> You might actually load the WSDL successfully from your local
machine (if
> you include it with your app-distribution), but once you try to
invoke an
> operation (as you describe in your first mail) it should fail, since
the web
> service itself is hosted on a different machine (I presume that
> 'adwords.google.com' is not your machine).
>

> Even here some easy-to-miss subtleties can arise: if you load your
flex app
> from e.g. 'localhost' and the WSDL points to your local machine but
with a
> different name (like 127.0.0.1), it will still fail. At least,
that's what I
> experienced from testing.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Franck