I know that this isn't always possible, but if you make your dev & production directory structure the same, then it will work. Thats how I am doing my development and it works for me.

On 8/2/06, Rick Root <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Rick Root wrote:

> When building a flex app that uses remoting with coldfusion... if I'm
> building on my local machine and get it all working using my local
> coldfusion server, can I just copy the files to the production server,
> assuming the mappings and everything are set up the same?
>
> Or does remoting rely on the build process to know which server to go
> to? In that case I'd have to rebuild the swf with the production
> servers services-config.xml file, right?

Okay, I copied the files to production and clearly it doesn't work. I
get an RPC error "channel disconnected before an acknowledgement was
received" - yet another error that doesn't show up in google.

Anyway... how do I recompile for production without making an entirely
new project? I tried changing my flex server path and compiler options
to the production server but I'm still getting the error now :(

Rick

--
diabetic? http://www.diabetesforums.com
Albert Einstein - "It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer." __._,_.___