When a tree has only one item, the dataProvider is empty when dumped to
a string.

Example:

https://www.it.dev.duke.edu/temp/flex/bin/Test.html

Drag one of the parent items over and click "Show List Items", and the
textarea is populated with all of the nodes in the data provider.

Now hit "Reset Lists".. then drag only one child item and then click
"Show List Items" again.  No results.  empty.

Drag another child item over... repeat.  Both child items now appear in
the textarea.

Is this a bug, or something I'm doing wrong?

I've enabled "View Source" on this app so you can see for yourself.

rick