Flex does run under Eclipse 3.2 - i can post screen shots ;)

On 13 Aug 2006, at 16:11, hank williams wrote:

On 8/13/06, Samuel Colak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]at-home.com> wrote:

Yes, Eclipse does run under Mac OSX - it was because version 3.2 had issues under MacOSX that adobe didnt port Flex at the same time as the windows release - now this has occurred, it strikes me as a little odd that there isnt a mac version announced.

Hmm...

Not sure where you're getting your info from.

FlexBuilder doesnt even run under 3.2 under windows, so I doubt the issues had anything to do with 3.2. And adobe has said on this forum that there were issues in porting to the mac so they decided to push and get windows out rather than delaying. While on the surface mac and windows clips are fairly compatible, there are differences and apparently some of what flexBuilder is doing relies on one or some of those features that either dont work or are not implemented in mac.

Adobe has said that there will be a mac version and if I am not mistaken the timeframe was estimated at some time towards the end of the year (oct or nov) if I remember right. But in any case its software so who knows. But in any case they have said they are hard at work on it.

Regards
Hank

As for the extensions - yes you are right in some respects. The compiler is the only bite-code dependant product specific to the OS but you could hash something using the sdk for the mac.

Regards
Samuel

PS. No i havent done it ;(