John Dowdell wrote:

> FAQ here:
> http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/productinfo/faq/#item-4-1
> <http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/productinfo/faq/#item-4-1>
>
> Summary, as I recall: Those few IE/Win users who do not use the normal
> ActiveX background installation, but are instead directed to the Adobe
> webpages, are the ones who can see additional download offers on those
> pages. Specifying a minimum version in your OBJECT tag should be enough
> to avoid any exposure to unwanted offers.

That's not really suitable IMO.  I've found the automated install
process to be less than reliable - numerous people that I've asked to
test our new flex apps have gotten a "Connecting.." dialog who were
running Flash 7/8 that just hung there forever... before we roll out any
flex apps I'd like to recommend people to to a web site to install
because it seems to be more reliable that way.

I second the idea about Adobe making enough money off their products
that they shouldn't need to throw that yahoo toolbar crap at everyone.
And don't give me the "They can uncheck the box" line either.  You and I
may be smart enough to do that but there are a phenomenal amount of
people out there who just accept the defaults.

Rick