Hi Folks,

I'm creating a calculator application to give users with a rough estimate of what it will cost to have a system installed at their business.

I'm using a viewStack to allow navigation through the different views/sections of the calculator. Now I have a estimates panel (custom component) that is visible in two of the views.

I have an event that is dispatched by another component and based on that I would like to call an updateEstimate function that I have defined in my estimates panel in each of the viewStack children.

The update works fine in the view that is currently visible, but as soon as I call it in the other view I get the error "Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference". Is this because you are only able to access the current viewStack child??

How can I fire the necessary updates in other viewStack children?

Any help most appreciated.

Thanks,

Simon