Thanks Kenny, for the sanity check and the example! At least I'm not as
crazy or stoopid as I was beginning to feel.

OK, so if that's the way it has to be, I can easily turn my XML into
arrayCollections for dataGrids.

In another part of the app, though, I need to have a tree of checkboxes
in which every branch and leaf has a checkbox on it (think "MSBackup",
for example). Any ideas for that?

Cheers,
Jeff

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "lostinrecursion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>