Awesome!  That's got it!  Thanks so much.  Seems odd that we have to
manually declare these namespaces just to parse a little XML, doesn't it?

-----Original Message-----
From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of ben.clinkinbeard
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 2:31 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: XML parser chokes on un-typed xmlns

Hi Tom,

Sorry, I've not used the descendants method before and I just assumed
the approach I use would work. If you use .. instead it will work as
expected.

namespace temp = "http://tempuri.org/";;
use namespace temp;
trace("Node B from myXML2: " + myXML2..b);

HTH,
Ben

http://www.returnundefined.com/2006/07/dealing-with-default-namespaces-in-fl
> ex-2as3/
>
> Ben
> http://www.returnundefined.com/
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Lee" <design@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone,
> >

> > I am having some difficulty parsing .Net web service results.  The
> problem
> > lies in the fact that Flex's XML parser doesn't like un-typed xmlns
> > declarations of the type found by default in .Net web services.
Try the