I ran into a similar problem, 404 errors on RemoteObject invocations
on CFC's.
Files were all there, Flash Gateway enabled.
The problem was, there was a file called license.properties, sitting
in the
C:\JRun4\servers\cfusion\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\WEB-INF\lib
folder.  It contained "sn=" and nothing else.  Deleted the file, and
the Flash Gateway services started working with Flex.

Hope this helps for someone,

Howard
--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "João Fernandes"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Tariq,
>
> can you check that server instance web.xml file if
the /flex2gateway is
> there? Maybe that instance wasn't updated correcly.
>
> João Fernandes
>
> On 8/10/06, Tariq Ahmed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >    Anyone encounter this issue before?
> >

> > When using a RemoteObject, which works fine on my development
environment
> > - doesn't work on this one server. Flash Remoting is enabled in
the CF
> > Admin.
> >
> > Looking at the IIS Log FIle, the 405 is coming from invoking
> > /flex2gateway/
> >
> > On machines that work, I can do http://hostname/flex2gateway and
get at
> > least an HTTP 500, but get a 404 on this problem machine.
> >
> > The main diff on the problem machine is that it's hosting
multiple sites.
> > Does anyone know how to set up a manual mapping
to /flex2gateway/ (what does
> > it map to?).
> >
> > I found this thread:
> >
> > http://www.boyzoid.com/blog/index.cfm/2006/3/24/Flex-Builder-