There should be an appropriate CollectionEvent.CHANGE event coming from the dataProvider when data becomes available.

Matt

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Michael Schmalle
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 4:19 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Event to detect data was loaded in a tree

Hi,

I have run into this issue before and I swear I couldn't find an answer for it. There are many events you can listen for for a Tree changing it's state and data changing.

But... As far as granular control dealing with when particular nodes are loaded AND rendered is a completely different issue.

I am writing a CheckBoxTree component right now and have got into the dataDescriptor and dataProvider algorithms heavily. This is tempting me to create another type of tree that would give you control with such features.

The tree is a very powerful component, it's just that there are so many directions you can take with it that it's no wonder Adobe hasn't had time to get to stuff like this.

Adobe, Is there a way to do this, if I am wrong it would be a welcome correction.

Peace, Mike