From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tom Lee
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 7:31 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Junk E-Mail - LOW] [flexcoders] Re: Choice of backend systems - which provides

> One key enterprise objection to using AMF is the lack of AMF clients for integration.

> Would non-flash clients for AMF and Messaging help?

I can understand why it would be difficult to shell out $20K per proc for something that is solely for the Flash platform. That's almost as much as SQL licenses. Not feasible where I work. If you have to use Flex Data Services to realize the full benefits of Flex, that high cost can lead teams to shy away from the Flash Platform because the remaining benefits may be less clear.

However, aside from the cost, I don't see why anyone would have a problem with putting middleware in place for a specific client. Non-Flash clients can use whatever other communications protocols you like, which are possibly already in place. Granted, you've got to test things thoroughly to make sure your existing environment is not affected by the installation of FDS (which can be a daunting task).