dispatch an event when a button gets clicked. let the container listen to it on the toolbar.

On 8/23/06, Megan < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi! I've been trying to figure out how to do this sort of thing, and
thought I'd ask before messing with it anymore.

I have a toolbar that's in its own component, and it has some buttons
on it that will open new windows/popups. What I need to have happen
is, when one of the buttons gets clicked, the window pops up inside a
container that's on the main application. Right now they show up at
the top corner of the toolbar.

I gave the VBox in the middle of the main application an ID, but when
I try to tell the toolbar to open the window there, it gives me an
error because that ID doesn't exist inside the toolbar...

I've also tried telling the button to run a function in the main
application to open the popup but it tells me that I'm "calling a
possibly undefined method through a reference with static type Class".

I hope that makes sense. Any ideas?

Thank you!

j:pn
http://www.lennel.org