I know it's more work, but...

Instead of using creationComplete="someFunction()" in your first view, take
the button/widget or whatever that causes the app to switch over to the
first view and add your someFunction() to that button/widget's click=""
event.  In other words call sommeFunction() every time you click on
something (which can happen N times) not just at creation (which only
happens once.)

Darren