Hi Daniel,

I am a little confused what you mean exactly. I have tried to set a
Label mxml component's style directly using the fontFamily name, and
when I do the text in the label diappears. Did you get it to actually
display the symbol font?

Here is the pertinent part of my current code:

 <mx:Label id="myLabel" text="test" />
<mx:Script>
         <![CDATA[

             private var ldr:Loader;
             private function onInit() : void
             {
                 showFonts();

                 var context:LoaderContext = new LoaderContext();
                 context.applicationDomain =
ApplicationDomain.currentDomain;
                 var req:URLRequest = new URLRequest( "SymbolInclude.swf" );

                 ldr = new Loader();
                 ldr.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener( Event.COMPLETE,
onLoaderComplete );
                 ldr.load( new URLRequest( "SymbolInclude.swf"), context );
             }

             private function onLoaderComplete(e:Event) : void
             {
                 trace("onLoaderComplete: ");

                var content:DisplayObject = ldr.content;
                var c:Class = content["myFont"];
                Font.registerFont(c);

                   myLabel.setStyle( "fontFamily", "mySymbol" );
                 showFonts();
             }

             public function showFonts():void
             {
                   trace("showFonts()");
                  var fontList : Array = Font.enumerateFonts();
                    for ( var i:String in fontList )
                    {
                        trace("font: " + Font( fontList[i] ).fontName);
         ]]>
     </mx:Script>