I was wondering if someone managed to achieve this. After struggling with embedding some fonts I finally got it working to some degree.

The fonts are taken in most components. However, when I’m trying to use an embedded font in a <font> tag and drop it in the htmlText attribute of a TextArea, the text is not using the embedded font, although the documentation claims it should. (devguide, ‘Using tags in html text’)

This is what I have in the css:

@font-face {

            src: url('/assets/fonts/arial_emb.ttf');

            fontWeight: normal;

            fontFamily: arialtest

}

.textarea { embedFonts: true; font-weight: normal; }

In the component I have something like this:

<mx:TextArea id="info" width="200" height="100" htmlText="" />

info.htmlText = "<font face='arialtest' size='14'>test test test test</font>";

This will take the default font setting of the flash application. arialtest is never applied.

This however works:

<mx:TextArea id="info" width="200" height="100" fontFamily="arialtest" htmlText=" />

info.htmlText = "<font size='14'>test test test test</font>";

But this is not what I want as there will be text in different formatting styles in that field…

Bart