Hi all,

I'm developing a kind of markup editor. It has to allow the user to select text and apply some xml tags to it as well as write new text in the textfield. The problem I'm having is that when you apply a styleSheet to the inputText field to render this custom tags, this field stops being an inputText, it becomes not editable.

I've been reading in livedocs (http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flex/2/langref/flash/text/TextField.html) that this is a known issue... but is there any creational workarroun/solution? I've been playing with textFormat but I haven't found a way to keep custom tags/attributes in the dirty autogenerated html code so I'm loosing my custom tags.

Any light?

Thx so much!
X.