I have already come across a couple of (confirmed by Adobe support)
bugs with the way Flex constructs SOAP requests when using .NET web
services and am wondering if I've found a third. I suppose this could
be the expected behavior but it seems awfully weird to me. Part of the
request that my web service expects is a ContainersToRetrieve node,
which contains 1 or more child ContainerType nodes. Like this:

<ContainersToRetrieve>
  <ContainerType>IndustryTrends</ContainerType>
  <ContainerType>RPRSelections</ContainerType>
</ContainersToRetrieve>

When constructing the request in MXML, I have discovered that if I am
only sending one ContainerType argument that I need to omit the
ContainerType node and put the contents directly inside
ContainersToRetrieve. Like this:

<ContainersToRetrieve>
        IndustryTrends
</ContainersToRetrieve>

But if I need to send more than one I have to include the
ContainerType nodes in my MXML, like this:

<ContainersToRetrieve>
        <ContainerType>
                IndustryTrends
        </ContainerType>
        <ContainerType>
                RPRSelections
        </ContainerType>
</ContainersToRetrieve>

Is this how this should work? I am including my entire WebService tag
below. Thanks in advance.

Ben

<mx:WebService id="ws" wsdl="http://mysite.com/WebService.asmx?WSDL";
    useProxy="false"
    fault="getTrendsFault(event)" result="getTrendsResult(event)">

    <mx:operation name="GetDocument" resultFormat="e4x">
        <mx:request>
            <EnterpriseId>11111</EnterpriseId>
            <DocumentType>RPR-EBD</DocumentType>
            <ContainersToRetrieve>