From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of hank williams
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 1:59 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Is FDS is a CGI technology?

FDS sits inside *your* servlet, so you are still using servlets. FDS has (as far as I know) nothing to do with CGI.

Regards,
Hank

On 8/31/06, Mark Lapasa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is Flex Data Services a type of CGI-like technology? If I have a Java application, I don't need to use servlets no more for having clients communicate with the application? Thx, -mL