I have a full-screen background image that is getting distorted. Is
there a way to have the background image always display centered in
its true size despite the screen size? The background image size is
1500 px wide by 1000 px in height. Another question is what are good
dimensions for a background image in order to accommodate all screen
sizes?

Currently, I am using CSS to insert the background image:

<mx:Style>
Application
{
background-image: "assets/bg.jpg";