Hi Tom. chances are you're running into the same bug (stacked series + interpolation effects) that a number of people have hit. Can you send a longer stack trace?

Ely.

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tom Fitzpatrick
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 5:07 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Data interpolation in ColumnSets

I have a Cartesian chart containing two ColumnSeries in two ColumnSets,
like this:

<mx:series>
<mx:ColumnSet columnWidthRatio=".375" offset="-.21"
type="stacked">
<mx:ColumnSeries alpha=".6" yField="costs" />
<mx:ColumnSeries alpha=".6" yField="oneTime"/>
</mx:ColumnSet>

<mx:ColumnSet columnWidthRatio=".375" offset="0.21"
type="stacked">
<mx:ColumnSeries yField="revenue" />
<mx:ColumnSeries yField="overhead" />
</mx:ColumnSet>
</mx:series>

My problem is that data interpolation doesn't seem to work in this context.

I set up an interpolation like this:

<mx:SeriesInterpolate id="moveData"
duration="500"
minimumElementDuration="200"
elementOffset="0"/>

But when I try to call it either from the individual ColumnSeries or the
ColumnSets, using:

showDataEffect="moveData"

I get an error message: "Cannot access a property or method of a null
object reference."

Can anyone spot the problem - or is this not possible in this setup?

- Tom