Jack, check out this thread:

It's pretty much along the same lines as what you want, but with the extra code to handle 1 or 0 instead of selected. You can probably modify that to accept the words "true" and "false" instead.

Shan

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jack OMelia
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 1:47 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Centering a checbox in a datagrid column

Hi All,

I'm new to Flex and having a blast learning it but every now and then
I run into small things that make me scratch my head.

I have a column in a datagrid that uses an itemRenderer to fill the
cells with checkboxes. The checkboxes are flush left against the wall
of the cell. In searching your threads, it seems most of you position
the checkbox by wrapping the checkbox in another component, usuaully
an HBox or VBox, in the itemRenderer.

That worked for me except that I lose the selected property for each
row. The datagrid is populated with data from an XML file, and the
first attribute for each node is either true or false, which then sets
the checkbox as checked or not. Once I add aVBox or HBox to my
itemRenderer, I lose this and none of the checkboxes are checked. It
would seem a custom script is needed to ensure the checkboxes are checked.

All I want to do is center my checkboxes. There must be a simple way
of doing this without writing another 50 to 100 lines of code. Am I
missing something?

Thanks,
Jack