Thanks Ben & Sam

I read the thread with the problems that you had Ben and wandered if mine was part of the same set of bugs. I have also now read your blog post Sam on the JSON set up which looks interesting. I'll have a further noodle and apply one of your suggestions.

I use web services quite frequently but am not a SOAP expert. Is the way arrays are serialized part of the SOAP spec or is it something that is specified within the service contract I wonder... Either way, I'll get it working for now and see what gives with the next service release...

Thanks again

Graham
BLOG

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "ben.clinkinbeard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Graham,
>
> While I've not experienced this exact problem, I did have a couple of
> issues very very similar to it, involving serializing an AS array into
> repeated nodes in the SOAP call. Adobe's support team has confirmed
> that the 3 issues I've run into are in fact bugs, and engineering is
> working on fixes. They said that the issues will hopefully be
> addressed with a hotfix in the coming weeks, and at the latest they'll
> be in the first maintenance release for Flex 2.
>
> Unfortunately, I believe constructing your arguments objects in XML is
> the only workaround (assuming your issue is a bug, which it sounds
> like it is). However, I found converting my code to this method was
> fairly painless. Make sure you check out the section on constructing
> XML in the docs.
>
> Ben
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "grahampengelly" graham@ wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I have a .NET web service I am calling from Flex. One of the methods
> > expects an object described in the following extract from the WSDL:
> >
> > <s:complexType name="UserAnswers">
> > <s:sequence>
> > <s:element minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" name="UserId"
> > type="s:int"/>
> > <s:element minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" name="ModuleId"
> > type="s:int"/>
> > <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="ResponseIds"
> > type="tns:ArrayOfInt"/>
> > <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"
> name="AuthenticationGuid"
> > type="s:string"/>
> > </s:sequence>
> > </s:complexType>
> > <s:complexType name="ArrayOfInt">
> > <s:sequence>
> > <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" name="int"
> > type="s:int"/>
> > </s:sequence>
> > </s:complexType>
> >
> > I am having trouble getting the array ResponseIds array to serialize
> > properly from Flex. The test aspx page shows it like this in the request
> > example:
> > <ResponseIds>
> > <int>int</int>
> > <int>int</int>
> > </ResponseIds>
> >
> > ...but when I examine the request sent from flex it is serializing the
> > array like this:
> >
> > <ns0:ResponseIds>
> > <ns0:int>22,24,28,30,32</ns0:int>
> > </ns0:ResponseIds>
> >
> > ...and obviously that isn't working. Is there any way I can affect the
> > array serialization?
> > I have examined as many posts on this topic as I can but can't seem to
> > find an answer other than send xml instead of an object which I don't
> > really want to do if I can help it.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Graham