showDataEffect is a style, not a property.  so you need to setStyle(...) it.

Also, don't push directly onto the chart series array.  Instead, grab that value of series, push onto that, and reassign it back to series.

See my earlier post on both topics.

Ely.

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of adrien.schwartzentruber
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 11:57 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] [Charts] Lineseries property showDataEffect

Good morning,

I have a problem with a Lineseries object because I don't know how
affect the property showDataEffect. (I use Flex 2.0)

Part of code :

mychart.series = null;

var line:LineSeries = new LineSeries();
line.xField=String(event.result.series.lineseries.xfield);
line.yField=String(event.result.series.lineseries.yfield);
line.displayName=String(event.result.series.lineseries.name);
line.form = "curve";
mychart.series.push(line);

I try line.showDataEffect but it's undefinied property.

Adrien