Thanks very much Franck and Adam - that solution worked fine

As you can probably imagine that was a baby step towards a more
dynamic solution so i was intrigued by your Cold Fusion reference, Adam
What I would like to do is be able to launch the Flex page based on
the paramaters chosen .e.g. name/hometown both from clicking on, say,
a datagrid row in another Flex project - presumably via URLRequest and
navigateToURL - or a standard link within an HTML page

Looking at the documentation it appears as though either Flex data
services(which I was not planning to use) or HttpServletRequest( which
i have no experience with) might be required. Is there another way via
ColdFusion?

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Dorritie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 9/8/06, yaagcur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  Thanks Adam - remarkably similar:) Not sure if that thread sorted
Kyle
> >  out but I'm not quite clear how my HTML is falling short. How
does the
> >  javascipt  AC_FL_RunContent section need amending? The "src" and
> >  "flashvars" are already included
>
> Franck already provided the answer, but I'll say this much.  The HTML
> <object> and <embed> are within the noscript portion of the page, in
> other words the portion of the page which will be executed if
> javascript is not available.  The normal path for processing is to run
> the javascript
> AC_FL_RunContent() function.
>
> The reason you need to modify this is to include your own FlashVars,
> in addition to the ones already passed by the default template.  In my
> case I use ColdFusion to dynamically insert FlashVars based upon the
> Flex application which is running, but all you really have to do is
> add your own variables.  For example:
>
> } else if (hasRequestedVersion) {
>       // if we've detected an acceptable version
>       // embed the Flash Content SWF when all tests are passed
>       AC_FL_RunContent(
>                       "src", "myFlexAppName",
>                       "width", "100%",
>                       "height", "100%",
>                       "align", "middle",
>                       "id", "myFlexAppName",
>                       "quality", "high",
>                       "bgcolor", "#ffffff",
>                       "name", "myFlexAppName",
>                       "flashvars",'historyUrl=history.htm%3F&lconid=' + lc_id
> + '',
> -----> Add something like this...
>                       "flashvars",'myVar1=foo&myVar2=bar',
> ---->
>                         "allowScriptAccess","sameDomain",
>                       "type", "application/x-shockwave-flash",
>                       "pluginspage", "http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer";

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: