We have a ton of experience in EDI across a variety of verticals
(manufacturing, order entry, healthcare, etc).

I am not sure what experience you are looking for here.  I can tell
you that "jumping into" EDI is a daunting process.  There are decades
and decades of history here, dozens of standards (if you can call many
of them even standards) and a bit of voodoo black magic.

The good news is that any vendor the size of Walmart already has an
EDIT infrastructure, a translator/mapper, a gateway, a broker, etc.  I
have to assume you are doing RIA development?  If done right,
(separation of concerns, SBA etc) you should find yourself very
insulated from the EDI infrastructure.

What is the project?  How involved in the back-end EDI infrastructure
will you be?

As I said, we have a *bunch* of experience with EDI and EAI in
general. (I was the lead Product Manager for B2B and EAI at Microsoft,
so I know a schooch about EDI myself!)  Drop me a line if you need
some guidance.

--
Dave Wolf
Cynergy Systems, Inc.

Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Office: 866-CYNERGY

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Anderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> We just finalized our relationship with Wal-Mart - and if anybody on
> this list knows, working with Wal-Mart as a Vendor is "EDI or Bust".
> They are extremely strict regarding how they do business with their
> vendors, and getting an EDI Application running ASAP, can stress out
> even the most seasoned IT Professionals.
>
> I am vaguely familiar with the EDI Standard (and there are many flavors
> out there), and I do also understand that there is much homework to be
> done on my end, before I can forge ahead with this project.
>
> With that said, I would love to get a jumpstart on this - so if anybody
> could chime in on this thread, and offer any experiences or resources
> they have on this topic, I would be eternally grateful.
>
> Thanks in advance, for anything you can offer -
>
> Mike

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: