I found another post on this site that mentioned Flex's
internal "POST" / "GET" logic.  After some testing, I discovered
that, even though I specify "POST", Flex thinks it knows better.  I
checked the request on the web server and, sure enough, it sends the
request as a "GET"!!

To be blunt, this sucks.  I'm not sure why Flex has this behaviour
and HOPE this is a bug (not a feature).  I will keep trying
different things and looking for more explicit examples.  I'll post
any relevent infomration I find to this thread.

Thanks for the reply.

Bruce

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "mthielman11" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I don't have the code with me now but i will post it later to help
you out.  This KILLED us
> for over a week.  The documentation was NOT accurate and I think
we sort of got lucky
> with our solution but it works.  I will do my best to post it
later tonight.

> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "btkracker" <bthornbury@> wrote:
> >
> > I've seen several posts for this but haven't seen any kind of
> > resolution.  I've seen other posts that say it is extremely easy.
> >
> > Well, I'm in the same boat: I can't seem to get post data to
send to
> > my IIS server.  I have been able to use the exact same .asp file
on
> > the server side and javascript in an IE window to get the
correct
> > results.  When I try it from Flex...no data.
> >
> > Here is my code:
> >
> > Flex code:
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> > <mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";
> > layout="absolute" creationComplete="test()">
> >     <mx:Script>
> >             <![CDATA[
> >
> >             import mx.rpc.events.ResultEvent;
> >             import mx.controls.Alert;
> >
> >             private function test():void{
> >             HttpRequest.addEventListener("result", testResponse);
> >             HttpRequest.url = "http://IIS_Server/AJAX/test.asp";;
> >             HttpRequest.resultFormat = "text";
> >             HttpRequest.method = "POST";
> >             HttpRequest.contentType = "application/x-www-form-
> > urlencoded";
> >             HttpRequest.request = "myString=TestString";
> >             HttpRequest.send();
> >         }
> >
> >         private function testResponse(event: ResultEvent):void{
> >             Alert.show(event.result.toString());
> >         }
> >     ]]>
> >     </mx:Script>
> >
> >     <mx:HTTPService id="HttpRequest" showBusyCursor="true" />
> > </mx:Application>
> >

> > ASP Code (pretty simple stuff..):
> > <%@ Language=VBScript %>
> > <%
> > Response.Write "here it is: '" & Request.Form & "'"
> > Response.End
> > %>
> >
> > This should return the entire post.  The only thing I get back
in
> > Flex is the string "here it is: ''".  As mentioned above, when I
use
> > the below javascript and Microsoft's 'XMLHttpRequest' object, I
get
> > a successfull post and receive the string "here it
> > is: 'myString=StringTest'" back to the browser.
> >

> > Thanks in advance for any help!!
> >
> > Bruce

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional