Carl,

After Adobe removed the technote we started to use what they recommended, cf and fds instances separately.

The technote talked about deploying FDS & CF merged like CF+Flex 1.5.

You can deploy it in the same JRUN as CF, no need to use FDS with integrated JRun.

To deploy FDS install it as a J2EE app during installation process.

Then create a new server instance (we use CF in multi-server mode so it’s quite easy to achieve this). I think it’s possible do point directly to your war file and deploy it directly but I usually stop the new instance, delete the cfusion.ear and expand the flex.war inside the {jrun4.home}/servers/mynewinstance

This is easy to set up but quite annoying because

1)       you’ll have to drop a crossdomain.xml inside your cfusion instance

2)       you’ll have to setup a channel at runtime for each remoteObjects because FDS just supports JAVA RO

3)       FDS assembler doesn’t share the same sessions with the /flex2gateway/

4)       If you want use cflogin you’ll have to use setRemoteCredentials in both dataServices/remoteObjects destinations

João Fernandes